We're always looking for the right people and only hire the best. As a growth-oriented, technology-driven company with a passion for winning and dependability, we are looking for individuals who share our vision and dedication to performance excellence. Whether we have an open coatings careers position or not, we are interested in talking with you.
At Calico Coatings, every employee is critical to creating a team of "A Players" who work together to serve our customers with excellence.
Contact us if you're interested in a challenging career at Calico.
Full-Time Delivery Driver
Distribute products to our customers in a professional, safe and timely manner to increase customer satisfaction. DOT physical is required to apply for this job.
Thick Films Shop Technician
The shop technician is responsible for effectively working within the Thick Films department in a way that meets customer quality and on-time delivery expectations. They will work with members of the Production, Quality, Customer Service and Sales teams to provide the best possible turnaround time and quality standards for our customers.
The shop technician will be focused on delivering the highest quality products and services Calico Coatings customers are accustomed to receiving by following maintenance schedules, order processing instructions and process flow maps to achieve the best possible completed part, on time, every time.
Shop Technician Job Duties:
- Part preparation activities
- Load, clean, unload (disassemble and reassemble if needed)
- Maintain cleaning equipment per PM schedules (titration, maintenance and cleaning)
- Maintain Titration logs and cleaning logs when working on phosphate production
- Blasting and part prep activities
- Mask and plug parts as work orders indicate
- Blast parts per instructions
- Maintain blasting cabinets (replace, add and dispose media; replace gloves, nozzles, hoses, etc.)
- Read and maintain work order paperwork
- Quality Control check finished parts (visual standards)
- Support and Miscellaneous activities
- Maintain clean work area
- Stock supplies as needed (keep cabinets and work area organized)
- Assist sprayers and other teammates as needed
- Keep OSHA training current as required for position
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to follow instructions and deliver work on time per production standards
- Quality oriented
- Team player
- Good attendance and punctuality required
- Stay ahead of schedule with part prep and blasting requirements
- Minimal rejects from department and/or quality
- Equipment kept clean and maintained, producing minimal rejects
- Minimum rejects from spray booth
- Positive supervisor and quality feedback
- Attend 100% shop meetings
Process Engineer, Coatings and Surface Treatments
Location: Denver, NC: Must live within 50 miles of location
Calico Coating's joint venture partner, HEF Group (HQ: France), is in the process of expanding its jobbing service network in the U.S. and is seeking an experienced Process Engineer for our Denver, NC facility to support with the PVD, DLC, Phosphate and Teflon services.
HEF Group has been a global leader in the science of tribology for more than 50 years and offers innovative nitriding surface treatments and PVD thin-film coating solutions for corrosion, wear and friction reduction of automotive and industrial machinery components.
Process Engineer Job Duties:
- Provide operations support through implementation of effective process controls for PVD coating technologies and other surface treatments/coatings such as Phosphating, PTFE/FEP coatings, solid state lubricant coatings, etc. Primary focus will be PVD/DLC.
- Work with Sales & Operations staff by leading process development and certification for new surface treatments/coatings applications.
- Perform root cause investigations with Production and Quality team. Implement operational corrective and preventative measures to solve technical, process and/or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations and processes.
- Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification.
- Work with Operations Manager and Quality Manager to achieve customer required deliverables.
- Responsible for all coating qualification and certification requirements to maintain operational, engineering and quality compliance.
- Create and manage technical documents that provide engineering requirements for Calico’s coating options.
- Provide process related training to Operations and Sales staff.
- Liaise with HEF group R&D and Application Engineering organizations to develop effective working relationships and information exchange.
- Assist Operations and Sales in preparing price quotes by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, and other technical personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering (or equivalent) - preferably in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in process engineering relating to PVD coatings or vacuum technology.
- Understanding of PVD coatings technology as applied to wear-resistant hard coatings as well as industrial knowledge of other commonly used wear and corrosion protection coatings.
- Understanding of the various steel grades and heat treatments for commonly used industrial mechanical products.
- Knowledge of metallurgical services such as heat treatment, electroplating, nitriding, thermal spray coatings, etc. as applied to automotive or industrial equipment/component manufacturers is desired.
- Experience with customizing metallurgical processes to meet customers’ specific technical requirements.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement with results that have impacted the business.
- Strong leadership, training, facilitation and communication skills.
- Familiarity with industrial and automotive mechanical components used in engines, powertrain, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders - Product & Process Engineers, Operations and Sales staff, etc.
Receiving and Quality Technician
The quality technician is responsible for effectively working within the S&R Department in a way that meets customer quality and on-time delivery expectations. They will work with members of the Production, Quality, Customer Service and Sales team to provide the best possible turn around and quality standards for our customers.
The quality technician will be focused on delivering the highest quality products and services Calico Coatings customers are accustomed to receiving with hands on training, an eye for quality and effective communication.
Receiving and Quality Technician Job Duties:
- Receiving incoming shipments from Calico’s customers with all proper identification (quantities, pictures, measurements when required, etc.)
- Document any damage, incorrect quantities, etc. and send to Customer service for resolution.
- Load and unload freight shipments (Forklift certification will be a requirement)
- Inspect product after coating to ensure quality standards from Calico and the customer are met. Double check quantities, coating thickness as required, overall appearance).
- Work with team and Quality manager to ensure all process documentation for department is current.
- Update case log with case data and corrective actions as required by Quality Manager
- Customer inquiries
- Greet walk in customers
- Answer phones (overflow as needed)
- Clean work area
- Effective written/verbal communicator and collaborator.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform under pressure/high demand.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- *Forklift Certification Preferred
- Minimal receiving errors, customer complaints
- External defect rate < 3%
- Feedback from team members and supervisors is positive
We offer competitive pay, health insurance, paid holidays and an employer-matched IRA to give our employees the performance advantage.
If you appreciate quality, email or call:
You can also stop by to submit an application:
5883 Balsom Ridge Road, Denver, NC 28037
If you know of someone who would enjoy a job like this, please send them our way. They do not necessarily need previous experience but do need to demonstrate a strong work ethic and team orientation in previous jobs.
"Race teams are the most demanding clients that we have. They're going racing every weekend with or without us, and it's our job to make sure we can supply the teams with what they need, when they need it."
~ Tracy Trotter
Owner, Calico Coatings
"It is not only the friendly people that I spend my days with at Calico Coatings that I enjoy, but I also thrive for the high standard for quality and customer service that we continuously strive to provide."
~ Brandi W.
"Working at Calico Coatings is challenging, yet rewarding. There is always the opportunity to learn more about coatings and the industries we service. I love the welcoming atmosphere, it truly feels like a work "family". The best part about my job is offering specialized service to our customers."
~ Aleshia D.